NEWMARKET GREY METALLIC (LAN 173) WITH BISCUIT LEATHER
Hexagon Classics are very pleased to offer the ex-Sir Basil Spence Lancia Flavia Vignale Convertible. The celebrated architect (1907-1976), most famous for designing the new Coventry Cathedral, purchased car chassis number 815.135.1315 brand new from Lancia Concessionaires Ltd, London for £2,350, which was a considerable sum of money for a vehicle at the time. Vignale built 1,601 two-door convertibles, and less than 50 were right-hand drive.
Built between 1962 and 1967, Vignale of Turin produced this very attractive 4-seat convertible design based on the Lancia Flavia coupe. It used the 1500cc alloy flat-four engine design, with twin carburettors and produced 90 bhp at 5,800 rpm.
Our Lancia Flavia benefitted from a full £37,000 restoration in the late 1980’s, and the disc brakes, clutch and wheel bearings have all been more recently renewed by Lancia specialists, De Freitas Brothers.The paintwork was renewed after a bare metal strip by Custom Motor Bodies in 2016/17. The hood is in very good condition.The Lancia Flavia also benefits from a wood-rimmed sports steering wheel, Motorola push-button radio and Wilton carpeting.
The Lancia Flavia is ideal for touring with its excellent interior space and large boot capacity. This is an excellent opportunity to purchase a rare right-hand drive convertible with Italian style and grace. It is complete with an impressive service history file, historic MOT’s, interesting correspondence between owners and an original sale leaflet.