JAGUAR XK 150S ROADSTER UPGRADED TO 3.8 S SPECIFICATION, 1958
BRITISH RACING GREEN WITH TAN HIDE
4-SPEED MANUAL WITH OVERDRIVE, UNLEADED FUEL CONVERSION, COOPERCRAFT BRAKES, ORIGINAL TRIPLE CARBURETTOR CYLINDER HEAD, BADGE BAR, SPOTLAMPS, JAGUAR HERITAGE CERTIFICATE.
Introduced in 1957, the XK 150 was a more than worthy competitor for the BMW 507 and Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, and as the final evolution of the XK series, was the best and most highly developed. Styling was updated with a higher belt line, whilst race-bred four-wheel disc brakes, the first fitted to any production car, provided stopping power to match the car’s prodigious performance.
The launch specification of the XK 150 included SU carburettors, four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive, independent front suspension with wishbones, coil springs, torsion bars and anti-roll bar, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
One of the very first XK 150S cars produced, (and quite possibly the very first), it was supplied new by Messrs Henlys of London in December 1958 to Mr J.H.L Copper of Belmont. It still retains its original registration number to this day. The Jaguar XK 150S was in the long-term ownership of Dr Murdoch Laing of Scardroy by Muir of Ord, from 1979 until 2011. The vehicle was extensively restored and upgraded to 3.8S specification, by both Thoroughbred Sports Cars Ltd of Whitney and Goldsmith & Young Ltd of Mere, between 1981 and 1995.