Aston Martin DB5 Saloon to Vantage Specification 1964 (July)
Right Hand Drive – 5 Speed ZF Manual Gearbox: UK Supplied: Chassis Number: DB5 / 1683 /R
The Aston Martin DB5 is regarded by most Aston Martin experts “as their most beautiful model ever built” This car replaced the DB4 series in 1963 with substantial changes, notably under the bonnet. The 6-cylinder engine’s capacity was enlarged to 4 litres, propelling the motorcar to 145 mph (233 km/h). Significant too, was the introduction of a fully synchromeshed manual gearbox with electric overdrive & latterly the ZF unit boasted 5 forward gears together with 15” Chromium Wire Wheels and Girling disc brakes. Standard equipment on the DB5 included reclining seats, wool pile carpets, electric windows, twin fuel tanks, oil cooler, and magnesium-alloy body built to the Superleggera patent technique and complemented with full hide interior.
The DB5 is famous all over the world for being the first and most recognised cinematic James Bond car! The Aston Martin has been featured in several of the James Bond films notably Goldfinger, Thunderball, Golden Eye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Casino Royale, Skyfall and the last Bond adventure, Spectre.
# DB5 / 1683/ R was supplied new on the 10th July 1964 via the official sales agents, Plough Motors to a
Mr T Chamberlin of Sully, Vale of Glamorgan. Detailed ownership is presented in the cars excellent and highly documented historical chassis file together with maintenance invoices from 1970 right up to the present day.
On Hexagon Classics acquisition in 2015 we have embarked on a complete and detailed restoration that includes:
- Full re-paint in the original manufacturer’s colour option or purchasers own option of choice
- Re-trim in the original manufacturer’s colour option or purchasers own option of choice
- Re-trim of all carpeting in the original s colour option or purchasers own option of choice
- Full & comprehensive mechanical re-furbishment completed by Ultimate Marque Specialists, Pugsley & Lewis Ltd
- Engine rebuild to Unleaded manufactures triple weber Vantage Specification
- New Clutch
- New Avon Radial tyres.
- New Chromium Wire wheels
- Engine compartment & complete Underside prepared to concours standards.
- New inner and outer sills
- EPAS Electric Power Assisted Steering
Accompanying # DB5/1683/R is a comprehensive chassis file including:
- Restoration Invoices on Completion
- Factory Build Sheet
- BMIHT Certificate
- Various Maintenance Service Invoices from 1970
- Works Service Invoices from 1975
- Historical MOTs from 1983
- Autocar Road Test, DB5 from September 1964
- Factory Brochure (Colour) 1964
- Owner’s Manual /Instruction Book
- Personalised Leather Chassis File
- Factory Tool Kit
AVAILABLE SOON IN OUR SOUTH KENSINGTON SHOWROOM.